Monday, July 1, 2013

Peeps, SOLD, Red Fusion, Benton Harbor, MI

 
The first time gala, Red Fusion, was created to raise money for
the Benton Harbor Red Cross.  Artists could bring a prepped canvas
to finish while being watched by attendees, or start from a blank canvas.
  
I'd wanted to participate in this event, but we were in the process of moving
to a new home. Artist Kathy Barnes stopped in the Open Door Gallery
 the night before the event and told me there was an opening for another artist.
I dug through boxes and packed the car for an art road trip!
 
 
I drew several thumbnail sketches (tiny drawings in my sketch book)
and found one that looked like fun.

 
The finished painting, Peeps, was purchased by a couple from Muskegan.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'd love to attend this event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann! It was a good day to be nothing but an artist. Now it's back to rehabbing the art space in the our new house.

    ReplyDelete